The Simplistic Wedding Ceremony is just that – very simple. Rev. Barbara specializes in these ceremonies. It is for those couples who would like to finalize their commitment, or just want a simple ceremony to celebrate their commitment, an elopement, or an arranged marriage, with themselves, 2 witnesses and the officiant, and as many guests as they would like, depending on location. All you have to do is get the license, a separate cost. A simple ceremony will be performed by the officiant. You may make simple additions or changes. This is also considered a “city hall” ceremony or a “paperwork only” ceremony, in a much more comfortable atmosphere. We can have it in my home office, at your home, or a nearby park weather permitting, restaurant, endless possibilities. You may also take pictures at the time of the ceremony if desired.
Rev. Barbara can also accommodate last minute ceremonies provided you have a valid Marriage License or will obtain one by the date that you want.
She is flexible to your needs and can change dates and times (based on availability) as needed to accommodate any changes in government policies or the need to change dates and times due to circumstances.
Rev. Barbara specializes in Indian weddings requiring the legal component here in Brampton and the wedding to be held at a later date in India. She can help expedite ceremonies with immigration requirements to get the Marriage Certificate quickly for an additional charge.
The Ceremony includes:
- An initial text/messaging, phone call or face to face meeting to learn about you as a couple, determine the type of ceremony, (civil, spiritual, romantic, secular, or short), your preferences and discuss optional elements regarding your ceremony. We may have already had this conversation before I was booked for your ceremony.
- Combining all legal, personal and optional elements of your ceremony
- Availability to cover any questions you have, offer seasoned advice on any additions you may wish to include, such as honouring seniors, unity ceremonies for families, or other personalized requests you may wish.
- The ceremony itself.
- Completion and submission of the paperwork, including both electronic and physical back up copies of your documents.
- If required and discussed, a rehearsal before the ceremony.
Once the deposit is received, you can be assured that your date and time has been reserved, and once the above information is returned, I will update and send you the template which we will use to begin creating your ceremony including the Ontario marriage requirements.
Rev. Barbara supports your spiritual path and welcome all denominations and couples, including LGBTQ.
There may also be an extra charge if you are outside Brampton or Mississauga, it is a $.58 per km as per the Ontario Government.
Price is $200.00 plus HST.
Deposits are non-refundable. Your deposit confirms the date and time for your wedding ceremony. Prices do not include the cost of your marriage license which can be purchased at most municipal city halls.
You must obtain your marriage license before you can be married in Ontario and you have 90 days from the date of issuance to get married. Check different municipalities for the cost of the license, it can vary by location. Click here to find out more on the Government of Ontario “Getting Married” page.
To book Rev. Barbara, or if you have questions, please call 416-705-5292, or click on Contact Me.